Monday 10 March 2014

Recap of the little details

Today while watching coverage on the BBC and CNN I noticed that the Russians have placed minefields on the boarder between the Ukraine and Crimea. I realized I haven't been putting enough effort into typing on here what I see everywhere. So here are a few recap points. 
 -Ukrainian recon planes are being lased. In a video I had watched of a Ukraine recon plane that was flying along the boarder with Crimea the troops had green lasers and were aiming at the plane. Sounds simple but When my unit was deployed this was a serious issue when using nvg and other optical sights. Not to mention on the eye ball.
  -Reports indicate that the Russians have moved P-800 weapons system SS-N-26 to Crimea. Most says this is a deterrent to NATO naval involvement. I heard 30 missiles but I can't say how reliable that intel is.
-The Russians have scuttled two old wrecks of ships in the harbor at  Sevastopol to hold whats left of the Ukraine navy there. I personally hope that the Ukraine can recover these ships but I only see that happening in the even that the Ukraine strikes a deal to recover its assets and concede the Crimea to Russia.
-In the last three days I have noticed troops and armored vehicles appear to be "battle ready" in Crimea. Mags in weapons. I noticed rounds in the mags on the tactical vests. I noticed the armored vehicles have the barrel covers off and all hatches buttoned. Truck convoys now have armor leading them. 
-The Americans are slowly moving fighters to all the neighboring NATO nations. I expect to see a large ground exercise in Poland as soon as possible. Last check the 6th fleet carrier battle group had linked up with the MEU in the Mediterranean.
-The propaganda war is being fought as hard as ever. CNN has reduced it's coverage to cover more of Justin Bieber so I have stopped watching that channel. It's hard to follow which side is right when you start watching both sides.


I still believe that there will not be a full on armed conflict. I feel that we are entering into a cold war style confrontation. That or we believe that Putin really wants his name to remembered as the man who helped start world war three.

No comments:

Post a Comment